There are a number of convincing and pressing reasons that make a bra is one of the most important accessorized clothing for women wear. However, as women become older transitioning into senior citizens, they barely have much time to regard to bras.
It’s hard to say why women gradually become disinterested in bras when they become seniors. However, with regard to this, let’s look at why it is important for elderly women to wear bras in the first place.
Why Elderly Women Need to Wear Bras
The following are some important reasons why elderly women should wear bras.
- As women become older, their skin, muscles and tendons become weak. This leaves them with little or no support on their breasts. Bras can come to the rescue at this time. Elderly women’s bras provide seniors with the support they require.
- Irrespective of age, bras give a woman’s breasts shape. If you’re an aged woman and you’d still like to feel and look beautiful, wear a bra every day.
- If you’re an active elderly woman that doesn’t wear a bra frequently, you may begin to experience unexplainable back and chest pains at the end of the day. This is especially if you have big breasts. The best way to prevent this is to take proper care of your breasts by wearing a bra.
- Also related to active senior ladies, if you don’t wear a bra while conducting physical activities, your breasts will start dangling. This doesn’t make a good impression about you.
- Finally, the breasts of senior women are naturally infirm and saggy. This is not their fault. It’s often as a result of childbirth and age. If you want your breast to have a firm shape, wear a bra.
What to Look for When Buying Bras for Elderly Women
The following are things to consider when buying bras for elderly women:
- Look for bras that can be worn and removed easily. No elderly woman would like to take time trying to wear or take off a bra.
- When shopping for bras for a senior woman, select those with dull colors. Unlike with younger women, the clothing of an elderly person should be more tolerant to dirt and stain.
- Finally, padded bras are the perfect pick for senior women. Padded bras will not only enhance their profile, but are also more comfortable. This is something most senior women would go for.
Best Comfortable Bras for Elderly Women
Below is a list of some of the best bras for seniors available in the market. The bras are comfortable, fit properly and will remind you of your teenage years.
The Olga Women’s To a Tee Bra is a comfortable bra ideal for a senior woman. Made from 17% elastane and 83% nylon, this bra has a perfect fit of at least 85 percent of the time.
Some of the features of the bra include: front closure and stretch up edges, straps that are adjustable from the front for convenience, seamless molded cups that minimize your bust without compression, built up camisole straps that provide support and comfort without a ‘comfort back’ and digging technology that ensure that the straps don’t slip off.
Without regard to the name, the Warner’s Women’s Underwire Bra, the glory of this bra is beyond what the name suggests. For instance, it has a perfect fit, a hook and eye closure, provides full coverage to prevent the breasts from falling over, adjustable straps and was voted as “the most comfortable bra” by New York Magazine.
The Bali Women’s Comfort Bra ensures that you feel very pretty with its patterned and wire free design. The bra helps in maintaining the breasts’ natural shape with its seamless foam lined cups that offer support and are easy on the body. The Bali Women’s bra also offers comfort by ensuring the under band supports your back and side.
The Hanes Women’s Cozy Seamless Wire-Free Bra has an expected fit of 72%. The bra has a simple pull-over design that makes it easy for you to put on and remove. The Hanes Women’s bra has an added pull on closure system, has elasticized band and wide straps, and can be hand-washed. This is the perfect bra for senior women.
The Playtex Women’s Support Wire-Free is the best bra for elderly women who would like to feel sexy again and flaunt their curves. The bra has a four-way support system (straps, cups, frame and back) that will display the best of your curves. The bra also pampers your shoulders in a smooth and tender manner, making sure that you feel comfortable both during the day and at night (whenever you wear it).
The Carole Martin Women’s Comfort Bra offers light and medium support to the breasts. The bra fits B, C and D cups without any problem. Its design reduces strain on your back and ensures you are comfortable when wearing it. The bra has extra-wide straps which will remain on your shoulders to ensure your back is not strained. Most importantly, with this bra, you’ll not feel like you’re wearing anything.
Bali Women’s Comfort Convertible Wirefree features stay-in-place straps and is one of the best bras for seniors in terms of comfort. The bra has adjustable and convertible straps joined to stretch foam cups for comfort and flexibility.
The Bali Women’s bra is machine-friendly. It can be washed with the machine together with other clothes. If you’re looking for a bra for an elderly woman that offers both comfort and versatility, you go for this bra.
Offering a supremely comfortable feel, the Delimira Women’s Comfort Closure Bra provides all round support and uplift through its full coverage cups and underwire. This ensures the breasts stay firm, providing an elderly woman with a physique deemed impossible to achieve. Its front closure style does not have uncomfortable metal hooks. This makes it easy to put on and remove for an elderly women. This is the best bra for senior women with saggy breasts due to age. The bra restores their lost glory.
If you’re an elderly woman looking for a bra that offers custom fit support throughout the day, the Playtex Women’s Front-Close with Flex Back bra is what you need. The bra has full cups that support the breasts and doesn’t include any wires. This is why the bra offers all-day comfort without failure.
The Playtex bra has large hooks and eyes clasps that are easy to fasten. Wearing and removing the bra is easy. The bra’s beautiful cups are made from microfiber jacquard. These provides a smooth appearance under your clothes to enhance your overall dress sense.
Although the Glamorise Women’s Plus-Size Bra falls last on the list, it doesn’t mean it is inferior to other recommended bras for seniors in terms of performance. With the ability to be hand washed, moisture-wicking bottom cups, wide shoulder straps for all day comfort and a side-smoothing shape, the bra could easily have made it to the number one spot. The bra’s features are desired by any senior woman.
As an elderly woman, there is no reason for you to dread wearing a bra. With the help of this article you are now aware of the why they are important. We have covered the best comfortable bras for women to help you pick which one suits you best.